Sunday, September 19, 2010

I guess it's really not something you see every day in London




Update: This just in via FB from Fr. Hugh (the gentleman in white)

At Twickenham (where the pic was taken) I left early because I had to get back for a requiem. As I left, the protestors screamed at me and were pretty ugly. the moment was redeemed by an African nun in blue appearing out of nowhere and giving them all the "V" sign. I was soooooooooooooooo proud!


Ah yes, the Peace n' Tolerance crowd distinguishing themselves by their good manners and intelligent commentary.

The nun, btw, is a Visitation sister from this monastery.



~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, good old Fr. Hugh Allen, the Norbertine, looking svelte as ever! I don't know who his girlfriend is.

Fr. John Mary, ISJ said...

Well, I got some pretty ugly remarks, allocations, etc. both at Piccadilly Circus, London and in Oxford...
full habit and all.
It must have really set the natives off!!

DP said...

If you'd been dressed as an imam, Father, the protesters would have been fervently scanning the sidewalks for loose change.

Anonymous said...

What a perfect picture. Catholics at large, frightening the horses.

Romulus