Wednesday, March 19, 2008

He might be a leftist poof, but he's our leftist poof.

Rick Mercer on meeting up Ezra Levant after a TV show about environmentalists:

"Ezra picked me up after the show for a beer. I walked out front; there was Ezra, leaning against his Hummer, smoking a cigar...and yes, the engine was running."


"...Ezra believes in freedom of speech, which is why I knew when half the world exploded because some newspaper in Denmark published cartoons of the prophet Mohammed, I knew Ezra was going to publish those cartoons so we could see what all the fuss was about. Yes, it would offend people, but I knew he'd do it anyway because that's what Ezra does. But hey, it's a free country. Well it used to be. Since then he's spent over a hundred thousand dollars defending his right to republish the cartoons...If we force the Ezras in this country to shut up, our freedom of speech could be next."

No comments: