Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dear Mainstream Media

Once again, Steve has, to borrow his own expression, hit the ball out of the park.

A letter from a blogger to the traditional print media:
On the other hand, while you hate to admit it you benefit from my know-how and my friends in the digital landscape. If you can just let your guard down for a minute (and I know you’ve been hurt) and listen to me, I can teach you things. I can show you how to reach people who are put off by your façade of confidence and invulnerability. You need to just be yourself, and stop trying to be something you’re not. Sometimes you’re just so set in your ways. Please don’t take it the wrong way, but the world doesn’t owe you a favor. As you grow older, you lose some of your appeal. It’s natural. But I still think that you have something to offer that’s beautiful.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Gee whiz, thanks!