Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Benedict's brave defenders in the English episcopacy

Archbishop Peter Smith:

I’ve always said, thank God in this country we have free speech. They are perfectly entitled to protest. What I would ask of all of them is to do so in a dignified way, which does not disrupt the joy of the Catholic community in welcoming the pope. I hope they would show respect to those of us who do have [religious] convictions.




...and gallantly he chickened out...



(thanks Zach)
~

3 comments:

Zach said...

"Brave, brave, brave, brave, Sir Robin!"

N. Trandem said...

I'm not sure [religious] is the right term to insert there...

JohnB said...

I had audio taped this in the early 80s when it played with some frequency on the local PBS station.

Memorized it, and still maintain it flawlessly in memory.

Shame I didn't do the same with my studies.