Friday, September 12, 2008

Thank God I didn't go into a lifetime of debt for this

I think I'm going to run a new contest, to be titled,

The University of Stupid

Participants can send me links to university courses that would make Cardinal Newman cringe and C.S. Lewis boom with manly laughter. Personal stories of academic stupidity are welcome.

Next Friday, we will award a prize to the stupidest university.

I'll start.

Our first contestant is Queen's University Belfast:
A university is offering a course that will use the psychology of the Star Wars Jedi Knights to teach students communication skills and personal development. 'Feel the Force: How to Train in the Jedi Way' teaches the "real-life psychological techniques behind Jedi mind tricks".


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2 years ago they closed their classics dept.(which in an ideal world ,would be a university's primary reason for existence)Frankly ,this seems a logical progression