Thursday, September 25, 2008

Miracles

Jeff Culbreath gets a free cow from God.

Last week, Kelly - the young cowboy who rents our pasture - pulled up in his dusty old truck and asked to speak with me. Did I know that one of my cows just had a calf? he asked. I said that was impossible, there must be some mistake. No mistake, he insisted. He had been treating the calf for pneumonia for a couple of days, and it looks like she’s going to make it. I was incredulous. How can that be? We don’t keep a bull, and her AI treatment was 15 months ago. So far, despite the advances of technology, they still haven’t come up with a self-fertilizing breed of cattle!

Nevertheless, there it was: a calf. Facts are facts.



I always knew God liked Jeff best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I always knew God liked Jeff best."

If God really liked me best it would have been MY cow, which you know it wasn't, having read the entire entry. But maybe he likes me best anyway. He chastiseth those He loveth.