Thursday, September 11, 2008

I have only one question.


In Italy, do they force the venerable gentlemen to sit outside like vagabonds when they want to enjoy a smoke?

When did Britain become such an uncivilised place? I'm ashamed.

I have been told by a friend who visited France that this abomination, this insult is not visited upon the sacred grey hairs of their elders. He relates a story about a time when he went to a restaurant in the south.

Joking, he asked, "Is there a smoking section?" The proprietor gave him a quizzical look.

"Why sir, it is the restaurant."

My friend said, feigning shock, "But what about the EU regulations?"

"OH!" the man replied with full Gallic disgust, "Dose rules are for de Eengleesh!"

1 comment:

Aaron Traas said...

It's illegal in Italy. I was there in April. No smoking in restaurants.