Friday, September 05, 2008

I'll bloody well say it's grossly inflammatory and insulting!

...


Oohhhh...you meant...

Oh. I See.

I get confused sometimes.

I thought you meant that your apology was grossly...

Ah. I get it now.

Silly me.


I was shocked by their theological self-righteousness. They assume the self-appointed task to 'pray for Muslims'.

"They also say that each year there are incredible stories about how God answers these prayers, revealing Himself to Muslims around the world, and bringing many to faith in Jesus."



***

Update:

Time to fall on the floor laughing.

They're a group that provides Bibles to "severely persecuted Christians" overseas.

The ministry of Open Doors began in 1955 when God called a young Dutchman to act on the basis of Revelation 3:2: ‘Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die.’ He went to Poland and discovered a Church under threat behind the Iron Curtain, and desperately longing for the Word of God.


Anyone who feels like trying to explain the concept of "irony" to these people can contact them here:

Open Doors UK
PO Box 6
Witney
Oxon OX29 6WG

Tel: +44 (0)1993 885400
Fax: +44 (0)1993 885401
Email: info@opendoorsuk.org

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Close reading reveals that they didn't really apologise:

"Open Doors and St Aldate's very much regret that offence has been taken by Meco at an event designed to encourage church-going Christians to engage positively with Muslims."

That's the normal mode these days: not 'I'm sorry' but 'I'm sorry you were offended'. The Pope did it, you'll remember, after the Regensburg business. It means that you don't have to retract anything, and implies that your opponent's a bit of a wimp for taking offence in the first place.