Monday, August 04, 2008

Blogalyptic

Creative Minority Report outdoes himself.

We're very blogalyptic around here.
For as in the days before Algore, they were writing on paper and commenting in margins, sending letters and receiving letters, even till that day in which Algore invented the internet, And they knew not till the web came, and took them all away; so also shall the coming of the Blogalypse be. Then two shall be at a keyboard: one shall be taken, and one shall be left.

[...]

Then shall the king say to them that shall be on his right hand: Come, ye blessed of Blogdom, possess the hosting service prepared for you from the foundation of the internet. For I was searching, and you gave me to read; My statcounter was thirsty, and you gave me a link; I was a stranger, and you commented at my site:

Mailing it in, but you forgave me: anemic statistics and you visited me: I was craving unique visits, and you came to me. Then shall the just answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee posting, and read thee; thirsty, and gave thee a link? And when did we see thee a stranger, and comment therein?

...



and in other news:

The Whappsters report a new Vatican appointment.

Pope Benedict XVI ended speculation about Cardinal Arinze's replacement, announcing the new head of the Congregation for Divine Worship was an invincible Dalek warrior from the planet Sarko.

Benedict explained this move would mark the beginning of a new era of decisiveness. When asked his opinion on the future of ICEL, the extraterrestrial prelate responded, 'Exterminate! Exterminate!'

Commentators cautioned at reading too much into this statement, considering that is about the only thing Daleks say, until, when questioned about the USCCB, the new prefect responded 'Ineffable! Ineffable!'


Thanks to the new kid on the block

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say it... Being a networker I find myself saying that stuff all the time. "And Algore sayth let there be blogs! And a series of tubes where formed!" You know he is the inventor of the environment and first emperor of the moon too right?

Anonymous said...

No way.

Rachel Carson invented the environment.

Few remember this.