Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Hey! Stupid Liberals! Tolerate This!



If I were in the habit of wearing clothes with words on them I would want a T-shirt that says, "Oh yeah? Tolerate my intolerance! Betcha can't!"

I have wondered for some time how far the tolerance doctrine goes. Of course, after ten years of pro-life talking and picketing and whatnot, I think I've learned. But it has been amusing, in a dark, horrible soul-killing sort of way, to watch Britain try to tolerate the intolerable with the determination of a child trying to cut a circle into a square.

It is, occasionally, fun to watch the smoke coming out of their little ears as they try to assimilate objectively opposed ideas within their own irrational creed.

Police say 17,000 women are victims every year That's in Britain, folks!

I think it would require an entire wardrobe of T-shirts, because under the "Tolerate this" slogan, I'd have graphic photos of female genital mutilation, domestic abuse and honor killings, handless beggars, torched churches, the faces of murdered nuns and priests and beheaded school girls.

I saw a headline tonight, something to the effect of "Sharia not all stoning and amputation". No, it isn't it's a lot of other very nasty things. But the implication is grimly amusing. The headline writer clearly wished us to look at the brighter side of Islam's demonic creed. The warm, fuzzy friendly face of the system that isn't all about slavery, stoning, amputations and flogging rape victims.

Well, I'm sure its very comforting to know that there's more to it than that. How terribly culturally myopic of me to think that's all it was about...

And I'm sure that Pol Pot was very nice to his cat when at home too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop Islamophobia...or else!

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

Billy, you're among my favourite readers.

Anonymous said...

I just went to that rawa.org site. Mohammadism is such a lovely religion, isn't it? Almost enough to make a right-wing trad turn feminist. Almost.

M. Alexander said...

Among the many reasons why I'm glad the U.S. army is in Afghanistan, Iraq, Dubai, and the rest of the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain (we control half the island), Qatar, etc. etc.

Why do we tolerate these people in Europe? It's a generation-wide death wish we call "tolerance". Synonymous with suicide.