An urgent demand of the times is that we encourage and foster members of the Catholic faithful to become apologists with the knowledge and courage to proclaim the rationality and beauty of our Catholic faith. The question of God’s existence is again a popular topic due to polemical works from writers such as Richard Dawkins. This is a great opportunity to present the rationality of belief in God developed by the Church’s natural theology tradition.
I would like interested parties and individuals to contact me with recommendations about how we develop this vital ministry in the Church.
I recommend the following works of Catholic apologetics:
• Fr. Dwight Longenecker’s Christianity Pure and Simple series of booklets published by Catholic Truth Society. Also, his Adventures in Orthodoxy
• Peter Keeft and Ronald K. Tacelli, Handbook of Christian Apologetics, Intervasity Press, 1994.
• Mgr Ronald Knox, The Beliefs of Catholics, Ignatius Press, 2000.
• Patrick Madrid, Where is that in the Bible? Our Sunday Visitor, 2001.
• Resources for Believing. Aseries of pamphlets published by the Faith Movement.
Anyone have any more to suggest to his Excellency?