Friday, April 04, 2008

What's good

Take a nice big meaty lamb shank and braise in a dutch oven with a sauce made of

1 tin plumb tomaahhtoes (crush the tomaahhtoes btween your fingers until all the goodness is out)
a generous slurp each of ketchup and Squeezy Brown
half a sliced onion
two cloves garlic
1/4 cup apple and rosehip syrup (that didn't gel)

for about an hour in a medium oven.

Stir fry

celery
mushrooms
fresh nettles (don't chop too much)
clove of garlic
a twist of lemon
bit of salt

in lots of olive oil.

Add the thing with the sweet potatoes and parsnips on the side.

Careful not to let the braising sauce boil down too much. You want lots of that lovely juice for the veg.

Eat.

(I'd have taken a picture, but I et it to fast. And yes, I know it's meat on a Friday, but it's OK, we don't have Fridays here in England. The Protestant Revolutionaries abolished them.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew I should've grabbed a slice of that ham pizza at office lunch today...

AM

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

I know where you live Andrew, and I can sik the Oratorians on you

any

time

I

want.