Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Come to the *Other* Rome Blognic: please SIGN UP

I met with Declan, the owner of Scholar's Lounge today, and things are all set.


This is the new room that has just been completed at Scholar's. Gorgeous isn't it? Declan said that all the woodwork was done in Ireland and the whole thing shipped over and reassembled. A real Irish pub in the heart of the Eternal City.

One thing he was quite insistent on was knowing, at least in a ballpark range, how many are coming. This is so that he can get enough food in and allow his cooking staff to prepare.

At the moment, I was unable to tell him. I have really no idea at all how many are planing to be there, but I really REALLY need to know. I told Declan it would be 40 or 50 max. If we get an influx of 100 people at the last moment, he won't be able to accommdate us. So, if you have plans to attend, now's the time to go to the Facebook page, and put your name on the list as "attending".

I've heard from a lot of people that they "may" be there, and I've heard from others that they put their names in as "attending" but know they're not going to be there. I've seen some people saying on their blogs that they will be attending, but haven't seen their names on the FB list.

People, this is not helping.

If you have some kind of Facebook phobia, just send me an email and I will put you on the list. I'm going to be out of things and unable to anything about anything in the next week or so, so now's the time.

If you have plans to come, I need to know.

The "attending" list is not there as an ego booster for me. I need to have at least an idea how many are coming so I can tell the owner of the pub so he can tell his staff and we can all have a nice time, eating and drinking and making merry.

OK?

5 comments:

Father John Boyle said...

But you've been invited to the Vatican blognic. Congratulations?

Jane said...

I'm number 56 on the Vatican List. Don't leave Rome until May 4 (Wednesday) so will definitely be attending your meet at the Irish bar. Will see you the day before. Although it would make me feel less scared if we could be in touch before I leave here on Sat 30My first time in Rome, and I'm going to be on my own, so I'll need instructions as to how to get to the pub. Staying at the Hotel Gravina S Pietro in the via della Cava Aurelia about 5 mins walk from the St. Peter's Basilica. I'm on Facebook as Jane Mossendew- Fulthorpe. there shouldn't be many of those, so it will be easy to find me there! I'll email Fr Tim, who knows me. Perhaps he will help to point me in the right direction.

All the very best and thanks for trying to get this sorted.

Anonymous said...

I WISH I could be there!!

Does THAT Count?!?!?

BTW, I'm I think 120....

Congrats on your Blog and on being selected AND on being CANUCK!!!

;)

Jane said...

Have left a promise of prayer on you FB page.

Digitalnun said...

I somehow think my Benedictine habit could be a bit of a bubble-buster so won't be there, but I shall certainly keep you all in my prayers!