Friday, April 22, 2011

Cancer update

Thanks to everyone who has prayed for me this week and through this whole business.

Thought I'd let y'all know that they decided not to do the surgery today and I've been discharged from the Gemelli. The doctors are going to try a different approach by doing chemotherapy to reduce the size of the tumour so that the more radical, and more life-altering, surgery won't be necessary. I expect to be back in the hospital next week for first chemo. When they've finished chemotherapy, if the tumour has reduced, they will do the simpler, less drastic surgery. Everyone pray that the chemo treatment works. I was told this two-step was not normally indicated for this stage of cancer, but I'm glad that they are willing to try.



Anonymous said...

Praying for you.

Maria Madise said...

May all the heavenly powers protect you in this battle, dear Hilary and lead you to victorious recovery.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Very concerned. Will pray for you.

Sincerely, Sean

Irenaeus G. Saintonge said...

Glad to hear you're still fighting! I heard about your situation from Seraphic's blog, and I said a prayer for you today.

Trad Dad said...

You are in my prayers each & every day .

Wendy in VA said...

You're in our daily prayers; we'll add wisdom for your doctors and a successful course of chemo as well.