Monday, March 23, 2009

Alive and well


Beautiful plumage...

'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.
(The primate does not respond.)

C: I wish to make a complaint!

P: We're closin' for a peace march.

C: Never mind that, your grace. I wish to complain about this church wot I joined not half a century ago at this very parish.

P: Oh yes, the, uh, the Church in Europe...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?

C: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, your grace. It's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

O: No, no, she's uh,...she's evolving.

C: Um...now look...now look, your grace, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That church is definitely deceased, and when I joined it not 'alf a decade ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged process of glorious renewal following the greatest oecumenical council in history.

O: Well, she's...he's, ah...probably pining for more inclusive dialog.



H/T to the Evil Vicar

No comments: