Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beautiful Plumage


Because GC didn't get the joke.

(Imagine! He said he'd never heard of it... Well...I...I just didn't know what to say.)

And now, for something completely different...

the Anglican version.

A congregant enters Canterbury.
Congregant: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.
(The primate does not respond.)

C: 'Ello, Miss?

Primate: What do you mean "miss"?

C: I'm sorry, It must have been the purple robes. I wish to make a complaint!

P: We're closin' for a peace march.

C: Never mind that, your grace. I wish to complain about this church what I joined not half a century ago at this very parish.

P: Oh yes, the, uh, the Anglican Blue...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?

C: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, your grace. 'It's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

O: No, no, she's uh,...she's evolving.

C: Look, your grace, I know a dead church when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

O: No no she's not dead, she's, she's resting from explaining, from within the sources of authority that we as Anglicans have received in scripture, the apostolic tradition and reasoned reflection, how a person living in a same gender union may be considered eligible to lead the fl ock of Christ! Remarkable church, the Anglican Blue, idn'it, ay? Beautiful singing!

C: The singing don't enter into it. It's stone dead...

O: Nononono, no, no! 'She's resting!

C: All right then, if she's restin', I'll wake her up!
(shouting at the cage)
'Ello, Mother Church! I've got a lovely sherry for you if you show...(Primate flings open the doors of the cathedral)

P: There, the church is full of life!

C: No, it isn't. That was just the weekly meeting of the Committee for Inclusive Investing and Ethical Condemnation of the Zionist Running Dog Presence in Palestine.

C: (yelling repeatedly) 'ELLO CHURCH!!!!!

C: Now that's what I call a dead church.

P: No, no.....No, 'she's stunned!

C: STUNNED?!?

P: Yeah! You stunned her, just as she was wakin' up! Anglican Blues stun easily,
major.

No comments: