Monday, November 07, 2011

Not the only one

who thinks old things are better than new things.

There's a whole internet world of starry-eyed nostalgists out there.

(I just made that word up. Good eh?)


Vicky and I have been having a good time watching Downton Abbey and she has been getting screen caps of some of the more luscious outfits. They're a bit fuzzy, but they give the general gist well enough.


From these, I'm doing some sketches and we'll see about working up some patterns.

I have simply come to the conclusion that there aren't any clothes in the shops that I want to buy (unless I happen to be in Florence, which I'm not most of the time) so the only solution is to make my own.

One of the many things I've been planning on doing "when it's all over" is start the creation of an entire wardrobe of exquisite and meticulously crafted hand made clothes. So, now's the time.



~

2 comments:

Allison said...

LUV Downton Abbey, too.

Have you heard of Pinterest.com? Great vintage eyecandy there, too. If you want an invite, email me at CatholicHomeEd@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

AH THAT FIRST PIC IS NOT PERIOD SHE ISN'T WEARING ANY UNDERTHINGS AHHHHHHHHH - Karen