Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Technical Assistance Needed

So, I've collected a few sound files of music from various things at Ssma. Trinita d. Pellegrini. The church has quite a good choir, though it is small, and sometimes there are visiting musicians, and now and then I bring along the digital voice recorder.

I got some gorgeous baroque music from a Rosary evening, and did some of the music at this year's Feast of All Souls.

I would really like to post it here, but don't know how one goes about putting a digital sound file into a form that can be linked to on the internet. I've figured out pictures, what with Picasa and Photobucket and whatnot, but am wondering if there is something similar for music.

Something that can be used easily by a non-nerd.

5 comments:

PCM said...

Youtube is one way. A tutorial (assuming you're running Windows) is here for Windows Movie Maker (free, might already be installed on your PC) -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLzc0OVcFrI

But you can do it just using Picasa. See http://picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55661 and http://picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=106198&cbid=-99rnzvu5yix1&src=cb&lev=answer

Hope this helps.

Patrick

BillyHW said...

If you're on a Mac you can covert audio formats to .mov in QuickTime and then YouTube it I think.

Not sure though.

EMG said...

Go to box.net--create an account (don't worry, it's free). You upload your music files there and it gives you the option of "sharing" the file. Meaning: it gives you a web address you can link to on your site that'll allow you and your readers to listen to the file. I think individual files can be as big as 20 MBs. I think.

It's quite straightforward.

Good luck.

Cathy said...

Hi Hilary,
Sorry I can't help you with the technical stuff, but I am glad to know you're in Rome, hearing good music live.
Do you still listen to Gorecki at all?
Slan, Cathy

Tom Ryan said...

doesn't iTunes work for blogger?