Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Vocation call



I gotta admit, it looks really really good.

They need vocations. I'd be the last one to suggest it outright, and as they are new to the Real, I imagine they've got a sharp learning curve ahead of them. Anglicanism is a deeply confused and confusing creed and a round of instruction, by a Novusordoist no doubt, and formal reception are going to be just the start of the journey, but they've started and that is an unqualified Good Thing.

I am not being the least facetious when I say that the bringing in of the Anglo-Catholics may be something that will contribute perhaps more than anything else to the liturgical salvage operation being undertaken by Bennie and some other friends. At least in the English language sectors.

Worth checking out
, at the very least.

3 comments:

Br. Stephen, O.Cist said...

These women are the real deal. I'm sure they do have a lot of adjustments and I don't know what the future will hold for them liturgically, but they have generations of excellent formation in the practical aspects of religious life to carry them through.

These are women you see in their habit looking cool and collected on a 100 degree day, who practice custody of the eyes in a way that would be instructive to many traditionalist communities, and who can kneel in prayer on a tile floor as men half their age drop around them like flies.

Their good, old-fashioned discipline will stand them in good stead as they negotiate the next months and years.

John B said...

I am honored to say I was there to witness this momentous event in Catonsville on September 3rd.
These dedicated and intelligent womed taught me as a young high-churcher in Philadelphia.

Anonymous said...

THEY INCLUDED THEIR DOG IN THE PICTURE

I am so happy they are with us now. - Karen