Thursday, July 22, 2010

Oh yeah? Tolerate this!

~


This just in:
Augusta State ordered Keeton to undergo a re-education plan, in which she must attend “diversity sensitivity training,” complete additional remedial reading, and write papers to describe their impact on her beliefs. If she does not change her beliefs or agree to the plan, the university says it will expel her from the Counselor Education Program.


There must be something wrong with me. Something genetic that triggers that fight response before the rest of my brain has a chance to say "flee".

I saw this and the first thing I thought was, "Papers on their impact?" A golden opportunity to cut them to ribbons.

Or maybe, I'd cut a deal with them. You take the Catholic apologetics courses offered at somewhere like, say, Christendom or TAC, and I'll take your diversity training, and we'll see who survives with their beliefs intact.

So many opportunities wasted on righteous indignation.



~

No comments: