Monday, July 12, 2010

My New Favourite Blog

~


Ever feel like you are just pretending to be a grown-up?

A lot of us who were born in the post-hippie era feel like this:

"...a few times a year, I spontaneously decide that I'm ready to be a real adult. I don't know why I decide this; it always ends terribly for me. But I do it anyway. I sit myself down and tell myself how I'm going to start cleaning the house every day and paying my bills on time and replying to emails before my inbox reaches quadruple digits. Schedules are drafted. Day-planners are purchased. I stock up on fancy food because I'm also planning on morphing into a master chef and actually cooking instead of just eating nachos for dinner every night. I prepare for my new life as an adult like some people prepare for the apocalypse...

I begin to feel like I've accomplished my goals. It's like I think that adulthood is something that can be earned like a trophy in one monumental burst of effort and then admired and coveted for the rest of one's life."




~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know what I am nearly 50 and still do this, I expect to be doing it til I'm dead.:0)