Sunday, May 22, 2011

Yep, that about summs it up...





Pat Condell is one of those people with whom I don't always agree (religion, obviously) but I've never heard any of his stuff that didn't say at least something that was absolutely spot on, even about religion.

Except that I'm not really a supporter of "democracy" (whatever that is...), he's got the bead on the Irish problem and "Europe".

I've never claimed to be Irish in the sense of belonging on any way to it as a country, but I'm Irish down to the bottom of my genes, which for practical purposes is probably more important for day-to-day doings. Fightyness, and whatnot. Maybe Pat's right. Maybe the Irish character is the solution to the European problem.



~

3 comments:

hyoomik said...

From the picture, it seems that the Canadian mint was making their loonies.
(verification word: joinsaw)

DP said...

Condell is compelling viewing, and his honesty makes me listen to him, even on Christianity. While he can be caustic about the Faith, he lacks that point-scoring frat-boy smarta__ quality that makes me dismiss the likes of Harris and Myers. He has more of a witty Voltaire vibe than most his equally pugilistic brethren.

DP said...

"most *of*". Grr. Long weekend, short coffee.