Monday, May 16, 2011

One last bit of fun and then I've got to do some stuff


This doesn't look as bad as the last one. They've got rid of that awful screechy woman and that little girlie-man, so maybe it will be fun.

I just want to say one thing about believability.

Women, in case you don't know, don't have a lot of upper body strength and they don't have the same kind of physical endurance as men. That's why there are men's and women's sports teams. And I know from personal experience that fighting with a sword is really, REALLY tiring. So I'm afraid that it sort of bugs me when I see these movies in which women are in there with swords fighting men. Seriously, take it from me who spent many weekends of my early 20s fighting with swords, chicks can only do it for a short while, and there is no way any woman could hold out more than five seconds against an even moderate-sized man with a sword.

I can understand why people (modern people, anyway) think it's cool to have women fighting in movies with swords. But really, it's just kind of dumb.



~

3 comments:

lambertdw said...

That is so true. I was chastised recently for suggesting that a female employee of mine who was suffering severe pain from her power-lifting class should try yoga or swimming instead since the female body was not designed for heavy lifting. This was apparently sexist, so it could not be true. So, she continues to suffer...

Btw, will pray for you today. It's no fun being at the hospital.

DWL

Ingemar said...

I dreaded the prospect of a fourth movie. I found the second and third movies unbelievably dull, which shouldn't happen in a film with Man-Cthulu! But the fact that Orlamedo Bloom and Kyrie Flatchest are nowhere to be seen gives me a smidgen of hope.

Larry Denninger said...

Sword-fighting women? That's why there's Lord of the Rings On-line, right?