Thursday, March 31, 2011

Going to the Gemelli today


for sentencing.

They've taken all the tests, done all the scans, and now will tell me what they're going to do to me.

Another discovery I've made is that I really don't have as a big a problem with disease, per se, as I do with doctorin'. It's not really cancer so much, but all the medical stuff that goes along with cancer that scares the crap out of me.

But today, I'm going to try a new mental attitude. I'm going to try to think of the hospital as a place full of nice happy Italian people who want nothing more than to be nice to me and help me (instead of a place where hordes of scary, incomprehensible and loud strangers do unspeakable, humiliating and painful things to me). I'm going to tell my brain, with a smile, that the doctors are like your nice happy friends whom you hardly ever get to see...

I'll let y'all know how that works out.



~

No comments: