Thursday, April 22, 2010

New Flat

Well, I went mad last week and put a deposit on a flat for a 16 month lease. Moving in June 1st or so.

Biggest place I've ever rented in my whole adult life, but at this time of year, there really are very few choices and I wasn't looking for another temporary crash pad to tide me over. I want a home, somewhere I can actually start to live in.

And share.

Yes, I'm looking for a roommate.

It's 3 bedrooms, with a nice eat-in kitchen and a very large sitting room. Unfortunately, only one usable terrazzo and only one bathroom. But as you can see, it's very sunny and extremely spacious and in good shape. They just repainted this week.

The main thing is the space. I'm thinking of holding winter soccer or badminton games. And possibly installing a bowling alley down the hall.

There will certainly be parties.

See what you think:


Italians almost never rent appartments completely unfurnished, but the sort of stuff they like is not exactly...how shall I say...

to my taste.

I've asked that they take most of the stuff out, leaving practical things like the beds, wardrobes (not a single closet in the whole place) and desks and tables.

And that TV has got to go. Good grief! Look at that monster! It looks like you couldn't find the top of it without sherpas and oxygen bottles.

The agency lady was shocked I didn't want to watch television. "For religion?" She asked.

No, I've just seen Italian tv, is all.


What was obviously once the terrace off the sitting room has been turned into a rather nice bay window. That bench is staying, and I'm going to make cushions for it.


Looking down the hall from the bagno to the front door.



1st bedroom w. terrazzo.


Looking down the hall from the front door.



Nice cucina, with a little terrazzino to store things like the vacuum and the hot water tank. Maybe some flowers later.


Dining table. Extends to twice that length.


Living room rather large. There'll certainly be dancing at these parties.


The kids' room.


Bedroom 3, which I think is supposed to be the master bedroom.

4 comments:

BillyHW said...

Nice place. Congratulations.

Kathleen from Ottawa said...

Wow, looks great! I love the wraparound benches in the nook. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Lovely place. Hope you're happy there.

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Rome Envy reaching unmanageable levels...

Enjoy it! -DFSK