Thursday, September 06, 2012

Scribbles

From the book I carry around with me. It wouldn't be accurate to call it a sketchbook, but I do draw in it from time to time. I do a lot of drawing on the train into the City.


Longest project in history. Started while sitting in a waiting room to hear the cancer verdict from docs. Still not finished. San Andrea by Borromini in the Lateran.


From the Turtle Fountain, Rome


View at the beach in S. Marinella.


First go with coloured charcoal pencils. The face of Joseph of Arimathea, Caravaggio.


Fooling about with anatomy from Bridgeman's


Infant John the Baptist, Leonardo


St. Jerome, Leonardo


Hand of Christ, from a statue by Michelangelo in Sopra Minerva.


Worked on him mostly at Gardone, sitting at the breakfast table in the mornings.


A friend taking tea at my place last week.


My first attempts at sketching Winnie. She never lies still for more than about ten minutes, so it's a speed exercise.


Something to work on while in hospital.


First attempt from life with charcoal


Fooling about with Bridgeman: working on proportions.


From a photo in a magazine. I tried to get that right eye about six times. Gave up.

Work more. Try harder.



~

3 comments:

Bruno said...

Beautiful!

I wish I could draw like that.

qualcosa di bello said...

St. Andrew is lookin' might fine!

K Gilbert said...

Oh i like the Hand. and Laocoon (?).

and WINNIIIE!