Thursday, July 03, 2014

Support Bilateral Symmetry! Take back the seas!

And about that cephalopod threat...

What about the "triassic kraken" hmmmm?

"I saw them come for the sperm whales, but I was not a sperm whale, so I did nothing. Then I saw them come for the walruses and other land/sea mammals, but I was exclusively a land-dweller so I didn't do anything..."

Repost:

And here, we have another example of why I exclusively support Bilateral Symmetry. I mean really, flying squid? 65 feet?! Seriously?!

I've said it before. Water reduces the effect of gravity on the things that live in it. This does nothing but encourage all manner of morphological excess. It is our duty to eat everything in the ocean.



~

1 comment:

John said...

It must be something in the air. There was a book review in this weekend's WSJ of "Preparing the Ghost: An Essay Concerning the Giant Squid and Its First Photographer," by Matthew Gavin Frank. The said M.G. Frank "ventures to Newfoundland to research eccentric kraken enthusiast Moses Harvey (1820-1901), to collect squid-related curiosa, and to hold forth about "man as a born explorer," by which he means a born obsessive, eager to go to outrageous latitudes to indulge his desires."

The review is here: http://online.wsj.com/articles/book-review-preparing-the-ghost-by-matthew-gavin-frank-1404434200

Cheers,

-John-