Alright... everybody get down from that ledge, right this minute!
Sit down. Put your head down.
Here, breathe into this paper bag.
Now before you read any further, go put the kettle on and make some tea.
Feel a bit better? Now, just for fun, we’re going to review our papal doctrine,
OK? Pencils out...
1. Does the Faith come from the pope? Y/NGive your answers in the commbox below.
2. Does papal infallibility operate in every single thing the pope says and does? Y/N
3. Does papal infallibility mean the pope will always be on the right side of every political question? Y/N
4. Is the pope impeccable? Y/N
5. Does the pope have to understand the subtleties and nuances of Church politics, geopolitics, economics, the agenda of the media or the machinations of the various factions in the Curia and hierarchy in order to really be the pope? Y/N
6. Is it necessary for either the validity of the papacy or the survival of the Church for the pope to be a media rock star, a major player in academic philosophy or theology, have the right ideas about politics, economics, culture, sociology or history… or to even be personally likeable? Y/N
7. Can a pope be crazy and still be pope? Y/N
(Now here comes a hard one, so get ready,)
7. Can the pope be wrong on matters of Faith and morals? Can the pope be a heretic and still be the pope?