Thursday, December 13, 2012

What kind of woman are you?

In my ongoing considerations of the meaning of sexuality, call it Hilary's Gender Theory, I am often minded to wonder what kind of woman I am.

When I see something like this

and think, "I'd like to try that..."

...when I find that I despise the kind of simpering, murderous manipulativeness that has become the hallmark of modern femininity,

I wonder what is wrong with me.

I used to wonder, with much pain, in school why I never fit in. In the early to late 1970s, I thought it was because my parents were divorced, which at that time was still unusual.

It was years, decades really, before I started understanding the difference between me and the other kids. I simply never lived in the same world they did. I lived in a world that had been abolished by the time I was in school. And they lived in a new world defined, principally, by a totally new paradigm of being male and female, and which I had unconsciously rejected by the time I was ten.

I remember having a discussion about feminism with a woman I lived with when I was fifteen, telling her that she was wrong about feminism, that it was destructive and was warping her and her two young daughters and the whole world. I didn't have a vocabulary to describe what I knew, but I knew that her liberal/feminist interpretation of the universe was not just wrong, but evil.

Feminism remains the most vile and insidious creed, the most evil ideology I've ever examined. And it rules the world. The whole world. It creates monsters out of men and women, people who would rather eat their own children than give up their petty, passing pleasures.

Why don't men hunt? Why don't they farm? Why don't they marry and have children and teach their children to hunt and farm and fish? Why aren't they the heads of their homes? Why won't they stand up and teach their women to be women? Why won't they reassert the natural order of things for everyone's benefit?

I've spent my whole life feeling lost in this new world. At 23 I started roaming around the world trying to find a corner of it that was not corrupted by this thing that I had learned to hate and fear. But it is everywhere in the western world. Every place that Christianity created, it now rules.

I haven't been to Malta yet.



~

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well they legalised divorce last year so I suspect it's on a downhill slide.

Lydia

Anonymous said...

Oh, and they only have the Novus Ordo.

There's always Liechtenstein.

Anonymous said...

Nah, feminism isn't the problem. It's egalitarianism. Feminism would have been fine as an elite ideology, the problems came with pretending that high levels of feminine achievement were possible for the masses. - Karen

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

I usually don't strongly disagree with you, Karen, but this time...

Anonymous said...

You can take the girl off the West Coast but.... - Karen

Anonymous said...

You can come live with me in my Shangri-La anytime, Hilary.

-Rico S.

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

Ok, whoever you are, you're moving from annoying to creepy. So knock it off or you'll be banned.

Zach said...

Yeah.

I can remember feeling the weirdness of being a child of divorce back when it was unusual rather than the new normal. And somehow, raised in enough of a time-warp bubble that there were echoes of the old world, enough that I've never been completely at home in the new one.

-Zach

John L said...

That's interesting! I grew up at much the same time as you, and my family never moved in to the new world thanks to the virtues of my parents (who were both irreligious I should mention). In fact most people in my childhood lived in this world. it is still a cause of amazement to me that none of the people I grew up with have criticised this change or even identified it for what it is. It confirms an observation made by Michael Davies in his 'Pope Paul's New Mass', where he remarks that one of Stalin's basic principles was that most people do not have critical minds. He adds that a revolution does not need enormous support to succeed, only minimal opposition. This is relevant in the case of feminism, since one of the striking things about its success in retrospect is the idiocy of its main proponents. How could anyone have taken people like Germaine Greer, Betty Friedan, Gloria Steinem, Shulamith Firestone seriously? Yet they swept all before them.

The root cause really was the abandonment of Christian belief, which preceded the abandonment of normal morality and social structure. The victory of these idiots is primarily God's punishment for apostasy.

Anonymous said...

Feminism didn't have minimal opposition, it had enthusiastic, wideranging support and still does. Nobody else offers anything resembling a real solution to people's current personal and domestic problems. If you tell people "look to the Faith" then you have to tell people what the Faith actually says, which is suck it up buttercup for the purposes of your eventual sanctification. But that's not the message of the traditionalist counterculture. When confronting feminism, that counterculture tells people that they can have a happy marriage and a peaceful domestic life if they'll just reject feminist ideas in their personal lives - as if going to church and obeying your husband and mothering your children is some kind of magic that is going to make everything better. That's not true. That's Mormonism. Because feminist ideas have destroyed so much of the culture, you're going to be thrown back on your own resources in living your life according to truth, with no institutional or social support whatsoever. You can do everything "right," and chances are your life is still going to suck. Practice your religion and you will be comforted, but you're not guaranteed a happy marriage, children, or any of it. - Karen

HJW said...

"You can do everything 'right,' and chances are your life is still going to suck."

Yep.

But having lived in both worlds, I can tell you straight up that The Real is better than The World. Even if not precisely "happy" I'm a lot less miserable and infinitely less confused.

Anonymous said...

Right, but this is why people react so strongly to bloggers like that female impersonator. Those people are selling a worse lie than the world is selling, much worse. A lot of people in the world just don't know any better and are doing their best. But people who are claiming that magical practices that bear some vague resemblance to traditional marriage will produce a happy family life are evil. - Karen

Anonymous said...

I want to add, the "nice" ones like Rod Dreher are just as evil as the ones who enjoy being transgressive and talking about "game" and sex tricks. It's not the "ooh I'm so naughty with my mentos business" that's the problem, it's the lie that if you retreat to the domestic sphere and tend to it, you will be happy and safe, or even just safe. NOPE. - Karen

Dymphna said...

What irks me is that the Dreher crowd have college educations but no sense. Hiding out in the country with your chickens and garden won't save you. Stalin starved the farmers in Ukraine.

Anonymous said...

The Dreher crowd will be turning in the rest of us so fast it will make your head spin. - Karen