Thursday, December 06, 2012

Unrequited Love

It's a sad thing, but sometimes no matter how much you admire someone from afar, they're just gonna hate-cha. It's not fair, and it's not nice, but there you are. That's life on planet earth. Sigh. It's tough being a mean, nasty hater.

These two, Kate Stone and David Gluck, are doing some of the best Classical Realist painting of anyone I've found so far on the net.

They've got a show at the M Gallery of Fine Art in Charleston SC., though they live in lovely old Duncan, BC. the same town as my Dad, in fact.

Oh well.

(I wonder if I'll get another nasty note from the irony-challenged guardians of tolerance and diversity.)

Check it out.



~

10 comments:

David Gluck said...

I can't tell if you love me or hate my guts, but thanks for kinds words about our art.

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

Odd that I never called *you* hateful...

must have slipped my mind.

David Gluck said...

...yeah, I was making a joke, not starting a fight.

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

This is good. We're making progress in our relationship.

Anonymous said...

I feel sad, reading this. You'd think people could just enjoy being admired. Oh well.

David Gluck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David Gluck said...

Cool, no hurt feelings then. Best of luck on your artistic endeavors.

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

Dear me, did I just get a whiff of an apology?

So, not going to denounce me and ostracise me in the Classical Realist painting world for my wicked thoughtcrimes?

How very tolerant of you...

David Gluck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David Gluck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.