Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Victim of my own success...

Here's the problem with being a good cook. You look in the fridge and freezer, and discover you've got got zucchini, asparagus, little whole mushrooms, red onion, shrimps, cream and curry paste. You think, "Hmm... I'll just put those together and make an experiment. It probably won't work very well, but at least I'll be able to have a little bit of something before gym-time."

Putting them together to make a curry turns out to work magnificently, but then you think, curry's no fun without rice, so you make a bunch of tasty vietnamese rice noodles to go with it. In the end, you've made something you really want to eat.

Unfortunately you want to eat it so much that you pretty much eat all of it in one go, thus making futile your plans to go to the gym after a "light" lunch, because now all you want to do is have a little lie down.



~

2 comments:

Belfry Bat said...

Modulo the gym bit, I do think something like this has happened to me, too. Ah, well.

Epulemur!

--sincerely, a Christopher

napari said...

Truer words were never spoken. I'm at my wits end how to limit my portions to a reasonable amount. Its absolutely disheartening that the triggers in my brain never stop the demand for more calories until Im stuffed. Im near resigned to being obese for the rest of my life.