Monday, September 23, 2013

The press of events

Things are happening in the world that are making me re-consider some things I'd put aside for a while. Things about the consequences of devotion to The Real.

At the risk of sounding a bit too much like a certain high-ranking prelate, I am wondering, are we too comfortable?

Am I too comfortable? Have I allowed my blessings to become a security blanket? Have I allowed my attention to wander off and have I become too attached to these things I have?

Should I even be pursuing a nice, quiet happy life? Is this what people do who know the things I know?



~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe that is why God is permitting all this. We first world Catholics are too comfortable. The truth will become obvious again and maybe un-lazy people with have courage to pursue it.

Vickie