Friday, March 08, 2013

Art classes

Well, despite my attention being, uhhh... kind of distracted from it for the moment, that time of year is rolling around again. Andrea the Famous Art Teacher will be back in Italy from her winter in Australia, and classes will be starting again.

The good news is that she's said it's finally time for me to move on from drawing to painting. I started a little bit of it last year, with a couple of Bozetti classes, where it's mostly about colour mixing. It was astoundingly difficult. But Andrea continues to assure me that it's not voodoo, that like drawing, one doesn't need the magic Harry Potter painting gene to learn to do it. It's not genetic or anything to do with some "innate talent". It's really just a skill like everything else. The more you practice the better at it you get.

Anyway, the long and the short of it is that the classes, moving into the next phase, are longer, more difficult and, ahem, more expensive. And I've managed to sock away about a quarter of what I'll need.

So here we go, desperation time. I've put up the ol' familiar Paypal button again, in hopes that some of my nice friends might be able to throw a few pennies into the tip jar.

Think of it as a retirement plan, for when I'm too old to type. Painting. I can quit writing, move to a cheaper place in the country, maybe up in the hills in Molise, and paint. Kind of a dream.



~

3 comments:

BillyHW said...

What happened to the Apocalypse?

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

It's on hold until after the conclave.

df said...

Actually, all this is part of the Apocalypse.