Friday, September 28, 2012

Three blogs

Another Anglo living abroad because the Home Country has become just too damn frightening and insane. I hear you, brother.

And a fascinating blog that examines modern realist paintings and illustration according to the classical rules of composition. Very interesting page on the Golden Section/Golden Ratio. Everything is Math.

Drawing OWU is for students of drawing at Ohio Wesleyan University. Check out the galleries there if you want to see how far it's possible to go with drawing as an art form of its own. Some of it boggles the mind.

~


Also, once again, researchers find out that modern people just aren't constituted for marriage. Modern, Newfangled people just don't know how to order their lives. Thanks, Hippies, for doing such a good job of destroying any last shreds of hope that we can put back together the civilisation you've destroyed.

"The more a man does in the home, the higher the divorce rate," Thomas Hansen, co-author of the study entitled "Equality in the Home", told AFP.

Researchers found no, or very little, cause-and-effect. Rather, they saw in the correlation a sign of "modern" attitudes.

"Modern couples are just that, both in the way they divide up the chores and in their perception of marriage" as being less sacred, Hansen said, stressing it was all about values.

"In these modern couples, women also have a high level of education and a well-paid job, which makes them less dependent on their spouse financially. They can manage much easier if they divorce," he said.

I'm pretty sure if I were married, I would never allow my husband to touch anything at home. No way he'll do it right. Whenever I've had roommates, I don't want to let them do the housework, or if they do, I usually sneak around after, to do it again properly.



~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right; men are hopeless around the house. I don't allow my husband anywhere near the kitchen. The last time he tried to make marmalade, I came home to find the kitchen floor and walls looking like the Battle of the Oranges had been fought there.

Lydia

Anonymous said...

Nah this is cultural. I'm sooooper generational cradle Catholic and men did cooking and housework on both sides.

I do agree that it is important to have a division of labor in marriage if you live in a detached house - then men do outside work and women do inside work. But I'm the first person in my family to live in a detached house for four generations. - Karen

Anonymous said...

Also, I am pretty sure that STUDIES HAVE SHOWN that in traditional breadwinner/housewife marriages, the men do more housework than they do in dual income couples. - Karen