Thursday, December 22, 2011

More contemporary art I don't hate


So, last night, I was having trouble sleeping and was cruising around the classical realist world on the net, and I came across this site.

I was looking all over her blog and drawings page and thinking, "Gosh! how could I ever learn to do this? Who could possibly teach it to me?"

Turns out the answer is, exactly who I'm studying with.

She was a student of Andrea's in New York.

Small art world.


She's still studying, but look what she can do!

Master copies...




Figure studies...




This is what she calls a "sketch"...




Ah, yah. My sketches don't look like this, I can tell you.

If there was one particular thing that I could be said to be interested in living for...



~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If there was one particular thing that I could be said to be interested in living for..."

There's always that speech at Tilbury you'll be making when the ships of Brussels set sail.

Anonymous said...

Your much better , you are witty and attractive , leave all that art stuff to the boring " cant write and entertain the masses like HJM.
I'm from Australia , we like you here . cheers