Saturday, August 27, 2011

Irene


Dreamed I was holed up in a big house in North Carolina with a bunch of friends.

In waking life, they're keeping us updated on FB. So far so good. House still attached to the ground, roof still on top and even electricity still running.

Andrew in New York reports that he made it safely down to the pub.

So far, no reports of anyone standing on top of their houses yelling for help, beating each other up in the local stadium, looting flat screen tvs or shooting at rescue workers.

Update:
Latest news from Jacksonville NC. Gusts down to 70 mph and dropping. All friends + dogs accounted for.



~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

From here in Lancaster, I'm glad to report at this hour the Amish and the sheep remain safe.

qualcosa di bello said...

we take care looters here in NC with the bad end of a 12 gauge so i don't expect much of that nonsensical behavior! however, the dude with the flag on your post...that could happen!

Teresa B. said...

I can't believe how much I laughed when I saw that picture! Is that Jimmy Atkin's?

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

I don't know. I stole it from someone on FB.

Andrew Cusack said...

Appropriated (not stolen) from yours truly on Facebook.

I'm happy to report the pub is open tonight as well, though having had a bit of a boozer last night and being someone who hates two-nights-in-a-row of vivaciousness, I have remained at home this evening.

Gregory said...

We lost power here for about 8 hours. Oh the humanity!