Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Quick update

Had my final consultation with Dr. Scambia tonight. The results of the lymph node dissection were all negative. This means that there were no occult metasteses and no cancer anywhere else. This means that they can go ahead with the planned conservative treatment, which means two or three cycles of chemo. If the tumor responds well to the chemo, they will be able to do a surgical procedure to excise the it, leaving my useful and important bits mostly intact.

This will all take a while yet. Chemo is to start after next week, but I don't know how long we wait between cycles. When that is over, they wait 40 days before doing any surgery (have to get my immune system back up and running).

Then, if all goes as we hope, that's it. I have reason to hope all this will be over by August or so.

Also, another big thank you to people who donated for cancer-related expenses. My appointment to day with Professor Scambia was at his private office, which meant I had to pay for the examination and consultation, to the tune of €200, which I was able to just cheerfully hand over. So thanks again.

Thanks also to all the people, and I know there have been a LOT of you, who have been praying and saying Masses and whatnot. Keep it up. You never know, it might help my soul as well.

H



~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news!!!

But where is the said button to donate? Can't find it anywhere.

God bless,
AMW

Sean M. Brooks said...

Hi, Hilary Jane!

I'm very glad about the cautiously optimistic news you got. God bless!

Sincerely, Sean

Anonymous said...

You're a prayer hog!

Sigh....

Fr. T. said...

So, you'll be up and running just in time to complain about the August heat. I like it; I like it a lot. God bless you and keep you.

Anonymous said...

Ditto and continuing prayers.

Tom

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful news that there were no occult metasteses!

I hope to see you soon!

Serenella

tubbs said...

skooh-zeh, where is the "donate" button?