Monday, October 18, 2010

Passel of new blogs


Huh. Turns out there's a whole world of Italian Trad Catholic bloggers out there.

Who knew?

Here's one on vocations that looks pretty nice.

They seem to like these Poor Clares of the Immaculate. Apparently the Franciscans of the Immaculate have some contemplative sisters. Someone might want to remind them to mention it on their North American website. Nice if they would let someone in the Anglosphere know about it.

Don't fret too much about the language. Italian is one of those languages that, if you just stare at it long and hard enough, magically turns into English, (albeit, English with funny spelling). Like one of those optical illusion picture things. But if the magic fails to work for you, there's always this.

All you ever wanted (or needed) to know about Italian Trads at Messainlatino.it Lots of interesting articles on lots of different topics (though if I were running it, I might do something about the eyesore colour scheme).



~

4 comments:

Edward Spalton said...

All looks very nice.

How about revising your comments on CIVITAS (as previously suggested)?

Regards

Edward

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

Edward, when you have been around my blog for a while, you will learn that the best way to make me not do what you want is to tell me what to do in my own house.

I probably would have cheerfully made a change if you had not started to make demands. There are a few people who read me who can get away with such things. I'm afraid, however, that you are not on that list as yet. Send me a few books or buy me seafood and we will see...

In the meantime, please see the commbox rules, posted to the side bar, regarding my godlike powers, capricious whimsicalness and capacity for personal contrariness. I'm sure they will help you understand better how to win friend and influence me.

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

For reference: Oliver did it right. The way to "do it right," btw, is never ever to use the imperative mood. Even with the word "please" in front of it.

Fr. John Mary, ISJ said...

I absolutely loved looking at this blog; even if I understand about 1/3 of it (knowing Latin and French and little Spanish helped).
Beautiful!
(And by the way...as one who is "in charge" of consecrated women...I ALWAYS follow your commbox rules:-)!)