Monday, August 09, 2010

Techno-count

As of five 15 pm, Rome time, today I have communicated with people from two continents by:

Facebook message - South Dakota
Facebook text chat - South Dakota, Vancouver
Skype phone calls - London
Skype text message - Rhode Island
Email - Michigan, Toronto, London and Tallinn, Estonia
Cell phone text message - Rome
MSN Messenger - Virginia, Ontario (two locations)
and internet conference calling - all over...

I'm communicated-out. I can't stands no more!

And the landline on my desk gathers dust.

The world has become too weird for me.



~

3 comments:

Gregory said...

Cruel, cruel world, to have invented so MANY options for communicating with anyone, anywhere at little or not cost. Alas for the days when long-distnce communication (defined as "the next county over") was as costly as it was spotty. :-)

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

actually, it was "the next town over"...

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

...and you have to understand this from my misanthrope position. All this merely means that I have to talk to human beings more often.

Eeww.