Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Release the Beachcombers!



There is a petition going around to ask the CBC to release the Beachcombers on dvd.

Sign.




I grew up watching this show that was all about life on the coast of BC. It put Gibson's BC on the map. I remember watching it, glued to the snowy screen at my grandma's house, sitting on the floor with the sun streaming in and the inlet glittering in the distance. It's the quintessential Canadian television programme and the CBC hasn't produced anything nearly as good in 20 years.

Come to think of it, the little spit of land, sticking out of the side of Vancouver Island between Nanaimo and Parksville on which my grandparents built their house was called "Beachcomber". Oh dear me. It is making me homesick just thinking about it.

When I was a teenager, there was a punk band in Vancouver called Bruno Gerussi's Medalion. V. popular.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the Beachcombers!

Kathleen said...

Me too!

Dorothy Cummings McLean said...

I read and obeyed.