Monday, November 17, 2008

Tenebrist school



I didn't take this picture, obviously, but I thought it was really good. I've been asked to restore a cloth-of-silver faldstool cover in time for a big Mass December 8th, so I've been going to the parish in the mornings and sewing.

The photo reminded me of all the wonderful antique and junk shops in Rome. When all my little temporary cash-flow problems from moving have been taken care of, I'm going to be giving some serious thought to getting some art. I saw a painting in the tenebrist style of a woman sewing in the window of a shop this morning and wanted it.

In fact, Rome has been doing things to my brain. There's a lot of stuff in the little shops and it all looks fascinating and wonderful. Even the mundane things are like magic.

1 comment:

df said...

Now that's a fine photo. Good girl.