Sunday, February 17, 2008

Oh my goodness...

I'll give a prize to the first person who can make it unflinching through all four minutes 25 seconds of this video.

Times will be posted:

HJMW - 40 seconds

I attended a Lent retreat in Birkenhead a couple of weekends ago. At it, the very nice ICK priest said that it was the duty of everyone to encourage vocations to the priesthood and to the religious life. Now, this is generally agreed upon to be a good idea, particularly in the case of young men. But women?

I had to ask, (and I'll admit that I did it mostly to irritate,) where, precisely, ought we to encourage women to go? In this country?

"Yet the defenced city shall be desolate, and the habitation forsaken, and left like a wilderness".

7 comments:

LizzieD said...

I did it - all 4 mins 25 secs- but you see, I ate a chocolate biscuit today (after Mass) and as my husband didn't, I felt I needed to do some extra penance!
Actually, I rather enjoyed it - or rather, I enjoyed the laugh I had whilst watching it, so does that mean I have to get the hair shirt out instead?
I enjoy your blog - I'm not too far from you, in Shropshire - think I met you once briefly, after a Mass in Saltney!
God Bless.

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

I admire your stamina.

BTW: please take a moment to read my commbox rules, which you will see posted near the top of the sidebar.

Anonymous said...

Well, my eyes started to wander after about 80 seconds. and I stopped about after two minutes after the blue one does a closeup. it got boring after that. what religion is this, anyway?

AM

Sophie said...

I screamed a little when I read the description of who was "performing"...sisters! (I flinched when I saw the blue shawl...two second tops.)

Ann

Anonymous said...

My eyes...they burn.

Oh how they burn!

And my ears.

Anonymous said...

20 seconds. And now I feel ill.

LizzieD said...

Umm, what rule have I contravened? Maggie Clitheroe is my confirmation name, doesn't that count as a real name? It links to my blog which sows that I'm a "real person", but also discusses some fairly private issues (such as adoption) so I feel it would be imprudent to emblazon my identity over the internet. But if you find this against the rules, then I don't mind not commenting again.