Friday, February 29, 2008

Further to Scotch Broth



I did another one the other day and it didn't turn out as well as the first.

Gerry the village butcher didn't have any of the lamb neck I started the experiment with and I had to use a cut that had less bone marrow and the stock didn't come out as tasty. So I used an oxo cube or two, but only had beef.

Discovered the other day that among the many ways that England is better than that other place, is you can get lamb oxo.

I have definitely come to the right place.

In fact, I'm very happy with the very strong lamb-orientation I see in much of the local cuisine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LAMB OXO!?!? NO WAY.

They also have exceptional gelatin products over there.

The condensed, chewy cube kind that you can eat like candy instead of making "jello" -- blackcurrant is my favourite.

And, windowpane leaves of the stuff that is soooooo pretty.

Sigh.

Can I come live with you?

Anonymous said...

sure

I've got a shed.

Anonymous said...

http://www.theheartofnewengland.com/food/meat/lamb-maple-dijon-sauce.html

Here's another lamb recipe for you.
Mary